On June 14, Kesarev Advisor Aizat Jakybalieva taught a master class entitled "Public Affairs in Kyrgyzstan and the Eurasian Economic Union" for students at the American University in Central Asia (AUCA), based in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
Aizat's presentation focused on a number of critical aspects that any public affairs specialist should keep in mind when dealing with government representatives:
- Importance of personal contacts,
- Engagement in an open dialogue with public authorities through official written communication;
- Active participation in public initiatives by the authorities,
- Cooperation with public and business associations aimed at fostering dialogue with the authorities,
- Representation of your position in working groups whose membership includes representatives of relevant government bodies.
Aizat sees the involvement of AUCA students in the discussion on public affairs as very important, given that the topic is not sufficiently covered by the university curriculum. The absence of a proper discussion on public affairs leaves room for misconceptions about the very term, often creating a negative background for public affairs professionals.
Students of the Faculties of International and Comparative Politics, Business and Economics, who attended the master class, showed great interest in the topic and joined in a lively discussion with the speaker. The faculty invited Kesarev to continue such meetings and suggested scheduling the next one for Autumn 2019.