Global public affairs consultancy Interel
and Kesarev, government relations firm working in Central Asia, Russia, CEE & the post-soviet countries, will hold a joint webinar on the emerging regulatory issues on the pharma markets of the EU and Central Asia.
Experts from both companies will share perspectives on the following regulatory trends across the EU and Central Asia: The latest trends in the EU regulation of the pharma market, including:
Areas where the EU regulations are influencing those in Central Asian markets:
- The creation of the European Health Union;
- The new Pharmaceutical Strategy for Europe;
- Orphan Medicinal Products (OMP) regulation review.
Highly critical issues for the Central Asian region:
- EU guidance and select member states' (MS) regulations on salt, sugar, trans fats in food to reduce non-communicable diseases;
- Protectionism experience encouraging the relocation of the production of medicines and personal protective equipment (PPE) back into Europe following the pandemic;
- Reference pricing and tagging in the EU.
- State regulation of prices for both medicines sold through government procurement and retail (in pharmacies);
- Tagging of drugs and medical devices;
- State regulation of salt, sugar, trans fats in food to reduce non-communicable diseases;
- Protectionism in the pharmaceutical sector, including requirements for the localization of production, interstate integration processes and sanctions.
June 16, 2021, 10:00 am Brussels time / 14:00 pm Nur-Sultan Timetable:
10:00-10:05 / 14:00-14:05
- Opening remarks by Pavel Melnikov, Partner 10:05-10:25 / 14:05-14:25
- Presentation by Julie Cooper, Managing Director, Health, Interel 10:25-10:45 / 14:25-14:45
- Presentation by Natalia Malyarchuk, Director in Kazakhstan & Central Asia, Kesarev, and Daniyar Koshenov, Co-Head of Kazakhstan & Central Asia, Kesarev 10:45-11:00 / 14:45-15:00
The event will be held in English. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by EOB June 15, 2021