Kesarev Partner Philippe Pegorier
this week moderated the session on the Modern Diplomacy at the XIV Eurasian Economic Forum in Verona
(Italy). Philippe and a panel of high-profile participants discussed how diplomacy in Eurasia may support international businesses by improving relations between the EU, Russia, Central Asia and China.Specific issues raised by the panel included:
Speakers on the panel included:
- the value of mutual recognition and cooperation between the European Union and the Eurasian Economic Union;
- the importance of creating and further strengthening regional economic unions, built on the principle of unanimity, in order to unify trade rules and general business regulation
- the value of Central Asian countries for international companies in Eurasia.
- Alexander Pankin, Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia,
- Giorgio Starace, Ambassador of Italy to Russia,
- Vladimir Chizhov, Permanent Representative of Russia to the European Union,
- Yerbolat Sembayev, Ambassador of Kazakhstan to Italy,
- Otabek Akbarov, Ambassador of Uzbekistan in Italy,
- Grigory Rapota, Member of the Federation Council, State Secretary of the Union State of Russia and Belarus in 2011-2021,
- Umberto Buratti, member of the Chamber of Deputies of the Italian Republic.
Other sessions at the forum included discussions on the structural changes in the economy and the future of energy attended by CEOs of the world's leading oil and gas companies, as well as natural gas and the green economy.
The Eurasian Economic Forum is an annual conference which brings together representatives of the business community, political and public circles, diplomats, experts, and journalists from the countries of Eurasia. The Forum's programme includes sessions on the development of business dialogue and diplomacy, energy, transport and infrastructure, the agricultural sector, and innovative technologies.
The forum is organized by the Association Conoscere Eurasia
in association with the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs
(RSPP) and the Association of European Businesses in Russia
To watch a video recording of the session please click here