On November 11, Kesarev Partner and Board Member of the Association of European Businesses Philippe Pegorier
participated in a closed meeting with the Head of the Federal Antimonopoly Service
(FAS) of Russia Maxim Shaskolsky alongside leaders of a range of foreign companies operating in Russia. Participating companies represented the pharmaceutical, construction, retail, technology, logistics and advertising industries.
At the meeting, organized by the Association of European Businesses (AEB), Mr. Shaskolsky answered a range of questions raised by the business community, covering subjects including:
- Priorities of the FAS under the new leadership and the perspectives of the Fifth Antimonopoly Package;
- pharmaceutical products in Russia and the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU);
- waste management;
- retail prices for food products;
- parallel imports, dual quality mechanisms and product labeling.
- construction materials;
- services at seaports.
- Protection of national internet retailers;
- Purchasing unions, exclusive distribution contracts, licensing, and intellectual property.
Being a member of the FAS Expert Council on Foreign Investments, Philippe proposed to schedule the date for its first meeting under the new leadership of the FAS due to the existing demand from the business community. The work of the Council was paused in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
For the same reason, he asked if the office of the Prime Minister has set the date of the next meeting of the Government Commission on Strategic Investments under the Chairmanship of the Prime Minister of Russia, where the FAS always plays the key role.
At the meeting, Mr. Shaskolsky was accompanied by Andrey Tsyganov, Deputy Head of the Federal Antimonopoly Service, responsible for the control of foreign investment. The meeting was the first-ever open dialogue between the business community and Mr. Shaskolsky, who was appointed to this post exactly one year ago.